1 EL Hegaz Sq. – ELSafa Medical Tower –Mohandeseen
(202) 3338 40 40 - (202) 3338 35 35
Professor Ashraf Mahmoud Ibrahim Hatem is Professor of Pulmonary Medicine at Kasr EL AINI Faculty of Medicine at the University of Cairo and General Director of Cairo University Hospitals.
He was Director of the Mubarak-Kohl Institute of Nursing and a consultant to the Egyptian Minister of Health in the area of chest disease and tuberculosis.
Professor Hatem is a member of numerous professional societies and is a Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians and the Royal Society of Medicine.
He acts as a reviewer for Chest the official journal of the American College of Chest Physicians.
Prof. Ashraf Hatem is the former Minister of Health and population from 22 Feb. to 22 Jul. 2011.
Prof. Ashraf Hatem is currently the Supreme Council of Universities
· M.D. “Chest” 1989 (Cairo University) for Fulfillment of M.D. Degree A Thesis Titled “Airways Functions and Resistance in schistosomiasis” was presented.
· M. Sc. “CHEST”. 1986 with an Excellent grade (Cairo University) for Fulfillment of M.Sc. Degree, A thesis Titled “Effects of Intestinal Helminths and their treatment on Bronchial Asthma” was presented.
· E.C.F.M.G., 1984 (USA)
· MB, Bch, 1982 ( Faculty of Medicine, Kasr EL-AINI, Cairo University) with an Excellent grade with honors
Experiences (Main Positions):
· Professor of Pulmonary Medicine Kasr EL-AINI Faculty of Medicine Cairo University
· Director General CAIRO University Hopitals (5200 beds )
· C.E.O. Alfa Pneumo Care private center.
· Consultant for Minister of Higher education for University Hospitals.
· Consultant for Minister of Health ( Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis