202 - 0122145006
- M.B.B.CH, Cairo University 1984.
- M. Sc. in Psychological Medicine, Cairo University 1988.
- M.D. in Psychological Medicine, Cairo University 1995.
- Master Degree Thesis “Changing Pattern in Drug Addiction between the Years 1972 and 1987 in Egypt" (1988).
- Medical Doctorate Thesis “Expressed Emotions in Schizophrenic Families” (1993).
- Psychiatric and Social Profile of Recovering Substance Dependent Females (2009).
- Patients and Relatives Satisfaction with Nursing Care Provided at Kasr El eini Hospital “ Burn Unit” an Exploratory Study (2010) .
- Psychiatric Morbidity Among Medical Students and Their Attitude Towards Substance Abuse (2011).
- An Analytical Study for the Recreational Services Provided in Child Cancer Hospital (2012).
- Study the designing & Technological Basis of Internal Design of the Children`s Cancer Hospital in Egypt . ( 2012)
Current Job Title:
Professor Department of Psychiatry, Cairo University.
- Egyptian Psychiatric Association (EPA).
- American Psychiatric Association (APA).
- International Society of Addiction Medicine (ISAM).
- Executive Board Member, Director of Member Recruitment of Exercise Psychiatry and Sport Section of WPA.
Supervision of Master Degree Thesis in Neuropsychiatry:
- Psychiatric Manifestations of Infective "C" Hepatitis (1998).
- Obsessive Compulsive Symptoms in Schizophrenia. A Neuro-Psychological Study (2001).
- Hepatitis "B" and "C" and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infections in Egyptian Chronic Drug Abusers (2001).
- Role of the Spouse in Addiction Phenomena (2003).
- A Study of Psycho-Social Factors in Insulin-Dependent Diabetic Children (2003).
- Relation between Anxiety and Performance in Competitive Sports (2003).
- Tianeptine in Men with Depression and Erectile Dysfunction (2004).
- Positive and Negative Symptoms in a Sample of Male Addicts (2005).
- A Study of Positive and Negative Symptoms in a Sample of Egyptian Psychotic Adolescents (2006).
- Effect of Exercise Training on Defense in Obese Persons (Master Degree in Physical Therapy 2008)
- Sexual Abuse Among a Sample of Female Drug Addicts (2008).
- Drug Addiction.
- Adult Psychiatry.
- Child Psychiatry.
- Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Community and Social Psychiatry.
- Individual Psychotherapy.
- Group Psychotherapy.
- Cairo University Hospital (Kasr El Eini).
Inpatient ward, outpatient clinic, 1986-Present.
- Maadi Nile Sanatorium (200 beds private hospital) 1990-Present.
- Abbassia Hospital (5000 beds government-owned specialized psychiatric hospital) for 12 months, 1988.
- St. Mary’s Hospital (50 beds London University U.K.) for two months, 1989.