Dr. Hany Shehab graduated with honours from the faculty of medicine, Cairo University. He earned a master’s degree in gastroenterology and hepatology at Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, where he further subspecialized in therapeutic endoscopy and attained a University diploma in advanced therapeutic endoscopy. His field of expertise includes bariatric endoscopy, biliopancreatic endoscopy, inflammatory bowel diseases and prevention and treatment of colorectal cancer. Dr. Shehab has published novel techniques in the field of endoscopy and currently heads a multi-center research project for the early detection of colorectal cancer. In 2010, he was given the award of excellence and achievement in medicine by the Cairo medical syndicate. He is currently a lecturer at the faculty of medicine at Cairo University and a consultant at Dar-Alfouad and Al-Salam hospitals.
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP, London, UK)
- Doctorate degree in Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Cairo University)
- AFSA, Universitè Paul Sabatier (Toulouse, France)
- Diplome d’Universitè d’Endoscopie Therapeutique (Toulouse, France)
- Masters degree (MSc) in Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Cairo University)
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University.
Dr. Hany Shehab is an active member of the following societies:
American society of gastrointestinal endoscopy (ASGE)
International association for the study of liver disease (IASL)
European association for the study of liver disease (EASL)